- Austria / Österreich
- Bosnia and Herzegovina / Босна и Херцеговина
- Bulgaria / България
- Croatia / Hrvatska
- Czech Republic & Slovakia / Česká republika & Slovensko
- Finland / Suomi
- France / France
- Germany / Deutschland
- Greece / ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
- Italy / Italia
- Netherlands / Nederland
- Nordic / Nordic
- Poland / Polska
- Portugal / Portugal
- Romania & Moldova / România & Moldova
- Slovenia / Slovenija
- Serbia & Montenegro / Србија и Црна Гора
- Spain / España
- Switzerland / Schweiz
- Turkey / Türkiye
- UK & Ireland / UK & Ireland
LAS VEGAS: Sirona Dental Systems’ CEREC 25th Anniversary Celebration (CEREC 25) may be over, but it will not be soon forgotten, according to the majority of the more than 3,000 attendees and more than a dozen keynote speakers who participated in the milestone event celebrating the 25-year anniversary of the CEREC CAD/CAM system.
Among the many announcements made and topics explored during CEREC 25, were the following:
- CEREC-GALILEOS Integration: “A Surgeon’s Perspective” by Dr. Jay Reznick. A progressive oral surgeon, Dr. Reznick explained why the integration of CEREC CAD/CAM information into GALILEOS Implant Planning Software enables dental implant planning and surgical techniques that are far superior to traditional 2-dimensional imaging and “freehand” placement of dental implants. The result: a less-invasive surgical procedure, awareness of anatomical challenges ahead of time, increased precision of implant placement, reduced surgical time, and enhanced patient recovery.
- “CEREC Connect and Digital Impressioning” by Dr. Michael Skramsta. Dr. Skramstad illustrated how to use the CEREC AC and CEREC Connect software to advantage and how combining CEREC chairside techniques with CEREC Connect maximizes the use of digital technology and communication with the lab, for the fabrication of everything from simple single units and implants to complex anterior cases.
- The Expansion of infiniDent: Sirona’s Internet-based service that caters exclusively to Sirona inLab and inEos Blue users is now under the new management of lab industry veteran Bob Vasile, with the range of materials and indications expanded to include full-contour restorations and veneers made from Ivoclar Vivadent’s IPS e.max CAD lithium disilicate and VITA’s new RealLife material.
Dental and dental lab professionals networked with dental industry icons who conducted continuing education programs that included clinical techniques, hands-on workshops and lectures on practice management, marketing and hygiene.
Some additional announcements and session highlights included the following:
- “The Evolution of the CEREC System” by Prof. Dr. Werner Mörmann: Who better to give this presentation but the original developer of the CEREC system? Mörmann explained CEREC’s humble beginnings as a small, mobile CAD/CAM unit integrating a computer with a monitor and keyboard, trackball, foot pedal, and an opto-electronic 3D-scanning-mouth camera, and its evolution into the CEREC AC unit with Bluecam and CEREC Connect, which now represents the industry’s most advanced CAD/CAM technology for the dentist and dental technician.
- The introduction of the Sirona Speakers Academy: This speaking training program provides both new and experienced speakers with coaching and strategies for delivering more distinctive and compelling presentations. Graduates of the Speaker’s Academy become preferred speakers within the Sirona community and gain access to the latest information regarding trends, market data, and product introductions within the category of digital restorative dentistry and imaging, thereby ensuring their presentation content is as accurate and timely as possible. The academy features three-day workshops taught by renowned speaking coach Dr. Paul Homoly, CSP (Certified Speaking Professional), who has been a consultant to dental professionals on various aspects of communication for more than two decades.
“The CEREC 25th Anniversary Celebration was the launch for many new programs and services because we wanted our attendees to be on the inside track throughout this exciting and important event,” said Sirona USA President Michael Augins.
CEREC 25 also featured three days of non-stop activities, in which participants could earn up to 18 C.E. credits while enjoying CAD/CAM-focused workshops, entertainment and plenty of celebrations among the accommodations provided by Caesars Palace.
Sirona and guests closed CEREC 25 on Saturday night in true Vegas style at the sophisticated WHITE PARTY, which took place at the popular PURE Nightclub. Most attendees agreed that the WHITE PARTY was the hottest dental event of the decade.
“This may have been the most memorable and exciting three days of my career,” Augins said.
“The high level of continuing education programs, networking opportunities and entertainment activity was a worthy tribute to the technology that changed the face of dentistry. This milestone event not only celebrated the first 25 years of CEREC CAD/CAM, it kicked off the next 25 years of Sirona innovation.”
More information about CEREC is available from Sirona - The Dental Company.
Wed. 27 September 2023
11:00 AM EST (New York)
Wed. 27 September 2023
12:00 PM EST (New York)
Wed. 27 September 2023
1:00 PM EST (New York)
Thu. 28 September 2023
8:00 PM EST (New York)
Thu. 5 October 2023
10:30 AM EST (New York)
Mon. 9 October 2023
5:00 PM EST (New York)