OSAP adds COVID-19 sessions to its 2020 virtual conference
ATLANTA, Ga., USA: The continuing COVID-19 pandemic leaves many unanswered questions, especially for those in the dental field. Every year, sessions conducted by the Organization for Safety, Asepsis and Prevention (OSAP) cover emerging and salient topics in dental infection prevention, occupational health and patient safety.
To reflect the current state of dentistry, OSAP has updated the agenda for its 2020 virtual conference — A Clear Vision for Dental Safety — to provide multiple COVID-19-specific sessions to help provide clarity and guidance through this unprecedented time.
The new sessions include the following:
- A 360-Degree View of Point of Care Testing for COVID-19.
- Aerosols in Dentistry: A Data-Driven Review of Aerosol Reduction.
- CDC Division of Oral Health: Fulfilling Core Missions & COVID-19 Priorities.
- How Have DSOs Responded to COVID-19?
- How to Operationalize Interim Guidance and Talk to Patients During the COVID-19 Pandemic.
- Using History and Science to Anticipate the Future.
The full agenda is available by clicking here.
“No other event gives participants more focused expertise on dental infection prevention and safety,” says OSAP Executive Director Michelle Lee, CPC. “Because we understand everyone in the dental community has been affected by COVID-19, we have reduced registration fees by 50 percent to help make this important education accessible to the dental community. We hope that you will join us online from Aug. 13 to 15, 2020, as we lean into innovation and set forth on a new journey with new and familiar faces.”
Registration includes the following:
- Relevant content presented by more than 40 nationally and internationally recognized speakers.
- Practical tips and resources to optimize compliance.
- Top-notch networking opportunities.
- Ability to interact with exhibitors in a virtual exhibit hall.
- Abstract presentations from infection control clinicians, educators, and researchers.
- Access to on-demand recordings for one year.
- Up to 14.50 CDE credits, ADA CERP and AGD PACE recognized.
Early-bird rates are available now through Friday, July 17 at www.osap.org/page/2020annualconf.
The Organization for Safety, Asepsis and Prevention (OSAP) focuses on strategies to improve compliance with safe practices and building a strong network of recognized infection control experts. OSAP offers an extensive online collection of resources, publications, FAQs, checklists and toolkits that help dental professionals deliver the safest dental visit possible for their patients. Plus, online and live courses help advance the level of knowledge and skill for every member of the dental team.
More information is available at OSAP.org.
(Source: Organization for Safety, Asepsis and Prevention)