- Austria / Österreich
- Bosnia and Herzegovina / Босна и Херцеговина
- Bulgaria / България
- Croatia / Hrvatska
- Czech Republic & Slovakia / Česká republika & Slovensko
- Finland / Suomi
- France / France
- Germany / Deutschland
- Greece / ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
- Italy / Italia
- Netherlands / Nederland
- Nordic / Nordic
- Poland / Polska
- Portugal / Portugal
- Romania & Moldova / România & Moldova
- Slovenia / Slovenija
- Serbia & Montenegro / Србија и Црна Гора
- Spain / España
- Switzerland / Schweiz
- Turkey / Türkiye
- UK & Ireland / UK & Ireland
ARLINGTON HEIGHTS, Ill., USA: Tara L. Aghaloo, DDS, MD, PhD, an oral and maxillofacial surgeon from UCLA School of Dentistry, was elected president at the Academy of Osseointegration’s Annual Business Meeting, held during “Game Changers,” its 2021 Virtual Annual Meeting.
Aghaloo is assistant dean of clinical research and professor in the Section of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery in the Division of Diagnostic and Surgical Sciences at the UCLA School of Dentistry. She is also the director of the Clinical Research Center. As the AO’s 35th president, Aghaloo will succeed Dr. Clark M. Stanford, distinguished professor and dean, College of Dentistry, University of Illinois at Chicago.
Aghaloo stated, “In the coming year, I would like to see us getting back to normal, but obviously with a new sense of normal. We have really seen what it is like to be a community of like-minded professionals and have connected on so many new levels never thought possible. I want to continue and strengthen the benefit of this connection with all of our long term and new AO members. Most of all, I want to be able to look at all of you in person and let you know how much we value your support and membership. Let’s use this community we have strengthened through 2021 into a new 2022.”
The 2021 – 2022 slate of officers are:
- President: AO Fellow Tara L. Aghaloo, DDS, MD, PhD, oral and maxillofacial surgeon, Los Angeles.
- President-elect: AO Fellow Amerian D. Sones, DMD, MS, prosthodontist, Dallas.
- Vice President: AO Fellow Hom-Lay Wang, DDS, MSD, PhD, periodontist, Ann Arbor, Mich.
- Secretary: AO Fellow Robert C. Vogel, DDS, general practitioner, Palm Beach Gardens, Fla. (Vogel’s election to secretary elevates a general practitioner to serve at the officer level and on the Executive Committee of the academy’s board.)
- Treasurer: AO Fellow Joerg Neugebauer, DDS, PhD, oral surgeon, Landsberg am Lech, Germany.
- Immediate Past President: AO Fellow Clark M. Stanford, DDS, PhD, MHA, prosthodontist, Chicago.
The directors are:
- AO Fellow Joseph Y. K. Kan, DDS, MS, prosthodontist, Loma Linda, Calif.
- AO Fellow Joseph P. Fiorellini, DMD, DMSc, periodontist, Philadelphia.
- AO Fellow Jeffrey Ganeles, DMD, periodontist, Boca Raton, Fla.
- Robert R. Lemke, DDS, MD, oral and maxillofacial surgeon, San Antonio.
- AO Fellow Lambert J. Stumpel, DDS, general practitioner, San Francisco.
- AO Fellow Stephen L. Jacobs, BDS, general practitioner, Glasgow, United Kingdom.
Jacobs, a general practitioner from Glasgow, United Kingdom, is widely regarded as one of the foremost implant surgeons in the United Kingdom and has been recognized by many organizations with a variety of honors and appointments. He has been in private practice since 1986. He graduated with honors from the University of Birmingham with a BDS and is currently the clinical director and principal dentist at Dental fx, Bearsden, Glasgow. Jacobs is on the editorial board of two scientific implant journals, has published many articles, and is actively involved in practice-based research. A member of the academy since 2002 and an AO Fellow, his involvement with the academy includes currently serving as a member of the Fellowship & Certificate and Global Education committees, where he also served as chair, and has also as a member on the Academy News, William R. Laney Award and Clinical Innovations committees.
“My association with AO began many years ago, when Past President Dr. Steve Wheeler brought me into the ‘AO family,’ as did my dear friend Dr. Michael Norton,” Jacobs said. “Being elected to the AO Board is a true career highlight, one that I am very proud of and one that I know my late wife, Lucy, would have also been proud. I dedicate this appointment to her. I cannot wait to get to work, where the focus is naturally going to be the progression of the Academy in a ‘Post-COVID’ world. This next phase is going to be both exciting and challenging.”
(Source: Academy of Osseointegration)
Tue. 24 May 2022
7:00 AM EST (New York)
Tue. 24 May 2022
3:00 PM EST (New York)
Wed. 25 May 2022
1:00 PM EST (New York)
Mon. 30 May 2022
11:00 AM EST (New York)
Tue. 31 May 2022
2:00 PM EST (New York)