- Austria / Österreich
- Bosnia and Herzegovina / Босна и Херцеговина
- Bulgaria / България
- Croatia / Hrvatska
- Czech Republic & Slovakia / Česká republika & Slovensko
- Finland / Suomi
- France / France
- Germany / Deutschland
- Greece / ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
- Italy / Italia
- Netherlands / Nederland
- Nordic / Nordic
- Poland / Polska
- Portugal / Portugal
- Romania & Moldova / România & Moldova
- Slovenia / Slovenija
- Serbia & Montenegro / Србија и Црна Гора
- Spain / España
- Switzerland / Schweiz
- Turkey / Türkiye
- UK & Ireland / UK & Ireland
The National Institutes of Health report titled Oral Health in America: Advances and Challenges states that dental caries is still the most prevalent oral disease in children. It has been documented that one in five children aged 6–11 years in the U.S. have at least one untreated cavity, and among children and adolescents aged 5–17 years, an average of 34 million school hours are lost each year because of unplanned dental care. It is safe to predict that a large part of these can be attributed to caries and its consequences. This is not surprising, considering the increase in the consumption by children and adolescents of food and beverages which have a high sugar content, are acidic or are ultra-processed.
Curodont Repair Fluoride Plus by vVARDIS is a unique biomimetic system for the treatment of early caries through guided enamel remineralization. Tailored specifically for these incipient stages of caries, it works on all surfaces through a targeted application procedure. A patented low-viscosity formulation, Curodont Repair Fluoride Plus makes it possible to take up calcium, phosphate and fluoride ions from saliva to diffuse into the subsurface body of early carious lesions to enable remineralization where needed.
There are several unique advantages afforded by treatment with Curodont Repair Fluoride Plus that make it ideal for use in the pediatric population:
- It is applied in a short in-office procedure lasting only a few minutes, which is invaluable when treating children.
- It is completely pain-free and therefore does not require the administration of anesthesia nor the use of a dental dam.
- The formula is tasteless and non-staining, which is especially significant in the esthetic zone.
- It only requires a one-time application to treat a lesion. In patients with a high caries risk, such as those with rampant caries or those undergoing fixed orthodontic treatment, the application can be repeated if the clinician deems it necessary.
- During orthodontic treatment, it can be applied around fixed orthodontic appliances as soon as developing carious lesions are detected instead of waiting until the completion of the orthodontic treatment.
The experience of children and adolescents in a dental clinic shapes the outlook of a patient towards dental professionals for a lifetime. Non-invasive caries therapy with Curodont Repair Fluoride Plus is an invaluable tool that offers a high degree of patient acceptance.
Therapy with Curodont Repair Fluoride Plus is also highly relevant in the management of dental care for children and adolescents with special needs, including those with physical and learning disabilities. This vulnerable section of the population may face challenges with practising even routine oral hygiene independently. In such patients, where even behavior modulation is a challenge, a strict regimen of repeated follow-ups, judicious utilization of diagnostics and the use of products such as Curodont Repair Fluoride Plus on any developing carious lesions can help prevent potentially painful and distressing situations in the future.
Recently introduced in the U.S., Curodont Protect, an anti-cavity and anti-sensitivity dental gel, is the newest offering from vVARDIS. It serves as an ideal at-home complement to in-office treatment with Curodont Repair Fluoride Plus by fostering patient compliance and maximizing treatment effectiveness. Meant for both in-office and home use, it is easy to apply, largely tasteless and leaves teeth feeling smooth, which is important for acceptance by children and adolescents.
Together, Curodont Repair Fluoride Plus and Curodont Protect represent treatment and maintenance options that have the potential to answer the growing demand for non-invasive caries therapies for the pediatric population.
More information about vVARDIS can be found at professional.vvardis.com.