- Albania / Albania
- Austria / Österreich
- Bosnia and Herzegovina / Босна и Херцеговина
- Bulgaria / България
- Croatia / Hrvatska
- Czech Republic & Slovakia / Česká republika & Slovensko
- Denmark / Danmark
- Finland / Suomi
- France / France
- Germany / Deutschland
- Greece / ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
- Italy / Italia
- Netherlands / Nederland
- Nordic / Nordic
- Poland / Polska
- Portugal / Portugal
- Romania & Moldova / România & Moldova
- Slovenia / Slovenija
- Serbia & Montenegro / Србија и Црна Гора
- Spain / España
- Sweden / Sverige
- Switzerland / Schweiz
- Turkey / Türkiye
- UK & Ireland / UK & Ireland
PITTSTON, Pa., USA: We Supply America Project, a national campaign to champion what its creator, Dirk Beveridge, describes as the “noble calling of distribution,” will film a docuseries episode about Benco Dental on Thursday, June 24.
The UnleashWD production crew will spend one day of a three-month, cross-country journey in Pittston, Pa., capturing footage at the home office of the largest independently owned dental distributor.
“Distribution creates 6 million jobs; distribution is the third largest economic engine on this planet at $6.9 trillion behind the GDP of the U.S. and China. ...The purpose of me coming is to learn the story of how Benco Dental not only does what they do from a distribution perspective, but their role in keeping America supplied during the pandemic, before the pandemic, and after the pandemic,” said Beveridge, author of the bestselling book “Innovate! How Successful Distributors Lead Change in Disruptive Times.”
“I absolutely am inspired by the story of Benco, its family’s roots, the sustainability of the business through multiple generations. The entrepreneurism, the risk taking that the Cohen family and others take is noble. I’m inspired by the innovative and customer-oriented strategies that truly make Benco unique in distribution. Things like The Lucy Hobbs Project, bringing women together in an industry that is normally male dominated, that is noble. The community support, the charitable work that distributors do is noble. I’m inspired by their embracing of technology. They were trying IBM Watson before A.I. was sexy.”
Beveridge’s visit to one of Benco Dental’s five distribution centers is part of his quest to showcase the concept that distributors are a great deal more than the products on shelves. He will include one-on-one interviews with Benco associates and tours of CenterPoint East, including:
- a 272,000-square foot headquarters and distribution center that is home dentistry’s first showroom integrating equipment and design within 25 fully functional operatories and 14 operational digital X-ray units, complemented by a design concept suite, sterilization models and a state-of-the-art training and technology center.
- a Dental Museum, the brainchild of the company’s second generation, Chief Customer Advocate Larry Cohen and his wife, Sally, which features dental artifacts collected over 40 years of selling equipment and supplies.
“Benco Dental is committed to driving dentistry forward, and we’re passionate in our belief that Benco’s full-service distribution model is the best way help our customers evolve the art and science of dental medicine,” said Chuck Cohen, managing director of Benco Dental. “It’s an honor to be featured in this new series alongside other companies who share a similarly progressive, continually improving approach to distribution.”
Other distributors spotlighted in the We Supply America series include Porter Pipe in Addison, Ill.; Wiseway Supply in Cincinnati; Indiana Oxygen in Indianapolis; and Hill & Markes in Amsterdam, N.Y., among others. The eight-episode “We Supply America” series is set to begin airing July 8 on WeSupplyAmerica.net.
(Source: Benco Dental)