- Austria / Österreich
- Bosnia and Herzegovina / Босна и Херцеговина
- Bulgaria / България
- Croatia / Hrvatska
- Czech Republic & Slovakia / Česká republika & Slovensko
- Finland / Suomi
- France / France
- Germany / Deutschland
- Greece / ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
- Italy / Italia
- Netherlands / Nederland
- Nordic / Nordic
- Poland / Polska
- Portugal / Portugal
- Romania & Moldova / România & Moldova
- Slovenia / Slovenija
- Serbia & Montenegro / Србија и Црна Гора
- Spain / España
- Switzerland / Schweiz
- Turkey / Türkiye
- UK & Ireland / UK & Ireland
ATLANTA, Ga., UA: The Thomas P. Hinman Dental Meeting — described by event organizers as the nation’s leading dental meeting and comprehensive source of continuing education in dentistry — has launched its new #MyHinman campaign. When someone posts the official hashtag, #MyHinman, on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram between now and Hinman 2019, which will be held March 21-23, he or she will help raise money for scholarships and be entered into a monthly drawing for $100 cash.
Each month, the winners will be posted at hinman.org/myhinman.
Hinman will donate to the scholarship bank each time a post is shared on social media with the #MyHinman hashtag. Individuals are encouraged to vote for which schools should receive the “My Hinman” scholarships, which will be disbursed to three deserving students. The first, second and third place winners will be announced after Hinman 2019. To see a list of schools and to cast your vote for the school of your choice, visit https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/MyHinman.
“We are proud to share that for nearly two decades the Hinman Dental Meeting has contributed millions of dollars to students and dental education programs throughout the country,” said Dr. Jonathan Dubin, general chair for Hinman 2019. “The #MyHinman campaign is just another example of our mission, which combined with the delivery of a world-class educational experience at our annual Meeting, truly sets Hinman apart.”
Posts can range from sharing the #MyHinman YouTube video and posting a photo from your last Hinman to inviting your friends to join you at Hinman’s Night Out at the Georgia Aquarium on Friday, March 22. Posts also can simply be sharing Hinman’s page with your followers or identifying which courses, events or speakers excite you the most.
In addition, Hinman’s official housing company, EventSphere, again will match donations to help increase the scholarship amount awarded to the three winners. As a result of EventSphere’s scholarship match at Hinman 2018, Hinman raised $3,000 in additional scholarship funds.
The 2019 G.O.L.D. Program
Designed specifically for students and graduates of the last decade, the G.O.L.D. Program (Course Fr500) returns to Hinman 2019 as a full-day session on Friday. The program kicks off at 8:30 a.m. and concludes at 3 p.m. Topics include:
- “Pathways to Practice,” Dr. David Rice, 8:30 – 9:15 a.m. – Navigating the multiple pathways to practice success.
- “Whose Brand Is It Anyway? Three Ways to Ignite Your Brand’s Social Success in Health Care,” Anastasia Turchetta, 9:15 – 10 a.m. – Creating brand loyalty fueled with high octane content providing transparency, community and profitability.
- “Building the Unstoppable Team,” Ragan Hartman, 10 – 10:45 a.m. – How to create a shared vision where the staff members have more ownership and accountability in the practice.
- “America’s No. 1 Killer: Your Role in Reducing Cardiovascular Deaths,” Dr. Brad Bale and Dr. Michael Gelb, 10:45 a.m. – 12 p.m. – Outlining how oral health is a critical element in the guarantee of arterial wellness and sharing published clinical data illustrating the effectiveness of the Bale Doneen Method.
- Lunch and video testimonials – noon to 1 p.m.
- “Clinical Failures: How to Fix Them and Avoid Them,” Dr. Lee Ann Brady, 1 – 2:15 p.m. – Learn the failures and solutions that can help jumpstart your practice.
- Closing with Dr. David Rice – 2:15 – 3 p.m.
In addition to the G.O.L.D. Program, there are two hands-on workshops offered specifically for dental students and a dental review exam course available free of charge on Saturday, March 23:
- “Hands-On Oral Surgery Workshop for Dental Students Only,” (Sa166) Dr. Robert Edwab, 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. — Giving students the chance to hone their oral surgery skills using fresh pig mandibles for soft tissue surgery and suturing.
- “Suturing for Dental Students Only,” (Sa169) Dr. Lee Silverstein, 12:30 to 3 p.m. — Covering the specifics of materials, needles, techniques and types of surgical knots, as well as the ins and outs of suturing for particular clinical procedures.
- “2019 CRDTS Dental Examination Review,” (Sa383) Dr. Stephan Holcomb, chairman, CRDTS Examination Review Committee, 9:30 – 11:30 a.m.
Students are invited to all of the Hinman 2019 social events, including the Dental Student Happy Hour @ Hinman Hoops (Fr408) on Friday, March 22, 4 to 5 p.m., and “Hinman’s Night Out at the Movies,” at the Georgia Aquarium (Event Fr407) on Friday, March 22 from 7 to 10:30 p.m. Registration for Hinman 2019 is open and attendees can take advantage of lower fees by registering on or before Feb. 21 at www.hinman.org.
(Source: The Thomas P. Hinman Dental Meeting)