AAE21: Let’s all connect!
It’s opening day of AAE21, the annual meeting of the American Association of Endodontists, and that means it’s time to log on to the AAE21 website, where you can navigate to educational sessions, the virtual exhibit hall and much more using the tiles on the home page or through links on the left-hand navigation menu.
Access the entire meeting, which is taking place today through Saturday (April 21-24), at your own convenience. The meeting is taking place at www.aae.org/AAE21. You can pick and choose what live sessions to attend each day, and access other sessions at a later date. At the conclusion of each live presentation, a recording of the live stream broadcast will be made available on the website. You may log in and watch sessions as many times as desired until May 31.
During the live sessions, you are able to ask questions in real time while the course is streaming live. Speakers will answer questions at the end of their sessions.
“The AAE’s annual meeting is your No. 1 chance to grow your expertise, discover innovative products and services, and network with colleagues from all over the world,” meeting organizers said.
The following is a list of today’s highlights. All times are CDT.
- “A Potpourri of Pain” — This session, presented by Dr. Nikita Ruparel and Dr. Ken M. Hargreaves and moderated by Dr. Jennifer Gibbs, from 10 to 11:30 a.m., will provide an overview of pain mechanisms from the perspective of making biologically based recommendations for diagnosis and management of odontogenic and non-odontogenic pain patients.
- “Fallacy or Fact — the Necessity of Patency” — In this presentation by Dr. Domenico Ricucci and moderated by Dr. Fabricio Teixeira, from 10 to 11:30 a.m., the varying histologic and microbiologic conditions of the apical pulp tissue present at the initiation of root canal treatment will be illustrated.
- “Emerging Techniques in Endodontic Microsurgery” — In a session conducted by Dr. Syngcuk Kim and Dr. Jarom J. Ray and moderated by Dr. Renato M. Silva, from 12:30 to 2 p.m., the bone window technique and targeted endodontic microsurgery (TEMS), two relatively new expansions of traditional surgical concepts, will be presented.
- “Management of Post-operative Pain in Endodontics: What Are the Most Effective Alternatives to Opioids?” — In this session, presented by Dr. Kyle M. Stein and Dr. Karen A. Baker and moderated by Dr. Jennifer Gibbs, from 12:30 to 2 p.m., acute post-operative dental pain management strategies will be discussed, focusing on both opioid and non-opioid options.
- “Do You Know Instrument Retrieval Is Much Easier and More Predictable Than You Think It Is?” — In this presentation by Dr. Yoshitsugu Terauchi and moderated by Dr. Langston Smith, from 2:30 to 4 p.m., the instrument retrieval procedure and how it can be standardized and made predictable will be discussed. Every clinician involved in the mishap will learn to enjoy retrieving fractured instruments.
- “To Treat or Not to Treat: Challenging Current Concepts” — In this session, presented by Dr. Hagay Shemesh and moderated by Dr. Allen Ali Nasseh, from 2:30 to 4 p.m., different options for dealing with teeth presenting with asymptomatic apical periodontitis will be discussed, including avoidance of treatment, monitoring protocols, partial retreatments and alternative solutions.
After you get your fill of education for the day, be sure to stay logged on for the Opening General Session, from 4:30 to 6 p.m., with keynote speaker John Ondrasik, the popular singer-songwriter.
Also today, there will be a number of corporate-sponsored educational presentations and various alumni receptions.
The camaraderie will continue with “AAE21 Trivia Night With Two Bit Circus,” taking place from 6 to 7 p.m., which will test your knowledge of the AAE, entertainment, music, sports, science, pop culture and more.
Meeting attendees also have access to the AAE’s virtual exhibit hall, featuring giveaways, resources and special offers. The virtual exhibit hall is open today from 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Thursday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Friday from 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Not to be missed, the exhibit hall includes a listing of companies, a showcase of products, show specials and opportunities for industry education.