Henry Schein presents ThriveLIVE 2021
MELVILLE, N.Y., USA: Henry Schein Inc. will host ThriveLIVE, an interactive virtual event, on May 21. According to the company, it will offer dental professionals the opportunity to “laugh, lunch and learn” while engaging with innovative, informative and entertaining content.
Available to all dental professionals at no charge, ThriveLIVE will present engaging speakers providing insights that can be applied to the dental practice and can help achieve an optimal work-life balance, the company said.
The event’s morning session will feature the following educational courses:
- Dr. Jonathan Levine – Art of the Smile: Levine, an esthetic prosthodontist and co-founder of GLO Science, will explore the mindset of a purpose-filled life, one that drives satisfaction in both personal lives and careers, and discuss the tools that can help achieve this mindset.
- James Nestor – Breath: What Every Dental Professional Needs to Know: Acclaimed author and journalist James Nestor will discuss what breathing does for our physical and mental well-being, and how we can breathe better as a caregiver and as a patient.
- Dr. Wally Renne – A Tour Through Technology: Renne, assistant dean of innovation and digital dentistry at the Medical University of South Carolina, will guide participants through the latest technologies to provide better, safer and more comprehensive care offer helpful hints on deciding how to select the right technology for a dental practice.
- Dr. Bethany Valachi – Ergonomics: Be Able to Retire Before Your Body Does: Valachi, a physical therapist, will introduce key ergonomic positioning strategies to help optimize posture, prevent pain and reduce fatigue, applicable to all clinicians and dental team members.
- Vanessa Van Edwards – Body Language Behind a Mask: Vanessa Van Edwards, author of “Captivate: The Science of Succeeding With People,” will provide tips and a general understanding to reading others’ body language while they’re wearing a mask to easily determine how someone is feeling and how you, as a dental professional, can project confidence and trust.
- Dr. Heidi Kohltfarber – 3-D Speed Reading and Referring: Kohltfarber, an oral maxillofacial radiologist, will present a guide to reviewing 3-D images chairside and offer tips that can help determine when to treat, refer, or consult for more comprehensive care.
In addition to the courses, ThriveLIVE’s morning session will also include entertainment in between courses with Talent Behind the Mask, featuring dental professionals showcasing their unique talents. Participants will also enjoy an interactive yoga experience from Dr. Cristian Pavel and Dr. Danielle Cascioli, “the Dentalyogis,” and can then follow along with celebrity chef Fabio Viviani to make a special lunch.
“With ThriveLIVE, we have created an exciting event that not only provides free education to dental professionals, but also engages their creativity and encourages a healthy work-life balance,” said AJ Caffentzis, president, U.S. dental distribution, Henry Schein. “Dental teams can continue to rely on Henry Schein to offer unique virtual content they can use to enhance their practices for the ultimate benefit of patients.”
The afternoon session of ThriveLIVE will feature one-on-one candid interviews hosted by Dr. Jonathan Levine, who will speak with leading specialists and dental leaders to discuss what’s new in the various specialties, recommendations for technology and techniques, and explore cases that provide new insights into the capabilities of modern dentistry.
More information and registration is available at https://henryscheinevents.com/thrivelive/#agenda.
(Source: Henry Schein Inc.)