- Austria / Österreich
- Bosnia and Herzegovina / Босна и Херцеговина
- Bulgaria / България
- Croatia / Hrvatska
- Czech Republic & Slovakia / Česká republika & Slovensko
- Finland / Suomi
- France / France
- Germany / Deutschland
- Greece / ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
- Italy / Italia
- Netherlands / Nederland
- Nordic / Nordic
- Poland / Polska
- Portugal / Portugal
- Romania & Moldova / România & Moldova
- Slovenia / Slovenija
- Serbia & Montenegro / Србија и Црна Гора
- Spain / España
- Switzerland / Schweiz
- Turkey / Türkiye
- UK & Ireland / UK & Ireland
CHICAGO, IL, USA: William R. Calnon, DDS, who practices general dentistry in Rochester, N.Y., is the 2011-2012 president of the American Dental Association (ADA). Calnon’s induction took place during the ADA’s 152nd Annual Session in Las Vegas. “It is a great honor,” said Calnon, “to serve as president of America’s leading advocate for oral health.”
“Not only will the ADA continue its top-notch support to dentists so they may succeed and excel throughout their careers, we will also focus on raising public awareness of the importance of oral health to overall health. I have no doubt that as we move into the future, we will build on our past accomplishments and foster the success of a diverse membership,” Calnon said.
Before he was chosen president-elect by the 2010 ADA House of Delegates in Orlando, Fla., Calnon had just completed a four-year term on the ADA Board as the trustee from the Second District, which represents New York. Calnon’s previous responsibilities with the ADA include serving as a leadership representative at the 2010 National Summit on Diversity in Dentistry and as a member of the Council on Dental Practice and on key committees and subcommittees, including one on ergonomics and disability support services.
He is a past president of the New York State Dental Association, the Seventh District Dental Society and Monroe County Dental Society. In addition, he is a fellow of the American College of Dentists, the International College of Dentists and the Pierre Fauchard Academy.
Calnon graduated magna cum laude from the State University of New York (SUNY) College of Environmental Science and Forestry at Syracuse University and received his dental degree from University at Buffalo School of Dental Medicine (UB Dental). He completed the General Practice Residency program at Eastman Institute for Oral Health (University of Rochester Medical Center) and currently chairs the Eastman Dental Center Foundation Board.
Calnon and his wife, Mary Kay, reside in Spencerport and are the parents of two sons, Christopher and Timothy. Christopher is a practicing dentist and Timothy is in his third year at UB Dental.
Faiella is president-elect
Robert A. Faiella, DMD, MMSC, who practices periodontics in Osterville, Mass., was selected as president-elect. Faiella’s election took place during a meeting of the ADA House of Delegates in Las Vegas.
Faiella will assume the ADA presidency in October 2012, when he will lead the 156,000-member organization, America’s leading advocate for oral health.
Faiella has just completed a four-year term on the ADA Board as the trustee from the 1st District, which represents Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont. Faiella’s previous responsibilities with the ADA include serving on various councils and committees, including terms as chair of the Compensation Committee and the ADA Electronic Health Record Workgroup. Since June 2009, Dr. Faiella has served as chairman and sole director of ADA Business Enterprises, a wholly owned subsidiary of the ADA.
Faiella is a past president of the Massachusetts Dental Society. He received his pre-doctoral education from Villanova University, receiving two Bachelor of Science degrees and a DMD degree from Fairleigh Dickenson University School of Dental Medicine. He received his graduate training in Periodontology as a Post-Doctoral Fellow at Harvard School of Dental Medicine, as well as a Masters of Medical Science degree from Harvard Medical School.
Also at its recent meeting in Las Vegas, the ADA installed several new trustees:
- Gary L. Roberts, DDS, will serve as the trustee from the Twelfth District, which represents Louisiana, as well as Arkansas, Kansas and Oklahoma. Roberts is a past president of the Louisiana Dental Association and has served in the Louisiana and ADA House of Delegates. He is also a past member of the ADA’s Council on Governmental Affairs. He is a graduate of the Louisiana State University and the Baylor College of Dentistry, where he also served as an instructor. He retired from active practice in Shreveport last May.
- Jeffrey Dow, DMD, a general dentist based in Newport, Maine, will serve as the trustee from the First District, which represents Maine, as well as Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont. Dow is a past president of the Maine Dental Association and has served as a member of the ADA’s Council on Governmental Affairs. He is a retired colonel from the Maine Army National Guard. He is a graduate of the University of Maine at Orono and the Tufts University School of Dental Medicine. He maintains a private practice in Newport, ME.
- Hilton Israelson, DDS, a periodontal and implant specialist in Richardson, Texas, will serve as the trustee from the Fifteenth District, which represents Texas. Israelson is a past president of the Texas Dental Association and was honored as the Dallas County Dental Society Dentist of the Year in 2006. He has been the recipient of the President’s award for both the Texas Dental Association (2006 and 2011) and the Texas Society of Periodontists (2008). He is a graduate of the Dental School at the University of Witwatersand in Johannesburg, South Africa, and did his periodontal training at Tufts University, School of Dental Medicine in Boston. He maintains a private practice in Texas and serves as an associate clinical professor in the Department of Periodontology at Baylor College of Dentistry in Dallas.
- Gary Yonemoto, DDS, an endodontic specialist based in Honolulu, will serve on the ADA Board of Trustees as the trustee from the Fourteenth District, which represents Hawaii, as well as Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah and Wyoming. Yonemoto is a past president of the Hawaii Dental Association and has served in the ADA House of Delegates. He also served as a district director for the American Association of Endodontists. He is a graduate of the University of the Pacific School of Dentistry and also obtained a masters degree in endodontics from the Loma Linda University School of Dentistry. He is a senior partner in a private endodontic group practice in Honolulu.
Wed. 27 September 2023
11:00 AM EST (New York)
Wed. 27 September 2023
12:00 PM EST (New York)
Wed. 27 September 2023
1:00 PM EST (New York)
Thu. 28 September 2023
8:00 PM EST (New York)
Thu. 5 October 2023
10:30 AM EST (New York)
Mon. 9 October 2023
5:00 PM EST (New York)