Hands-on course to be offered on microscopic restorative dentistry
SAN FRANCISCO, CA, USA: Those who are interested in cutting-edge, microscope-enhanced dentistry will have an opportunity to get hands-on experience this summer. IDEA — the Interdisciplinary Dental Education Academy — will offer a hands-on workshop, Microscopic Restorative Dentistry: The Wave of the Future, 16–17 August. The course will be taught by Dr Ken Hovden.
Participants will work with Global G6 Dental Operating Microscopes supplied by Global Surgical Corp., based in St. Louis, MO, USA. Each microscope station at IDEA’s state-of-the-art facility is equipped with a video camera and monitor, providing the capability to have each student view the instructor’s work, or another student’s work.
This intense, two-day course is for general practitioners who own or are contemplating purchasing a dental microscope. Participants will learn how to confidently integrate magnification via the microscope into a practice, and participants will be able to provide patients with a higher level of quality.
Key points to be covered include the following:
• Develop a plan to begin the effective utilization of the microscope on a daily basis.
• Increase significantly your image in the eyes of your patients.
• Benefit from six options of magnification — from entire mouth to highest precision.
• Enhance immediately your diagnostic skills.
• Improve your ergonomics and eliminate verifiable neck and back pain.
Hands-on applications to be covered include the following:
• Cosmetic post placement.
• Root canal access.
• Perform Class II restorations with proper contour and contacts.
• Use of fissurotomy burs to practice micro-dentistry.
• Learn conservative porcelain veneer preparation and temporization.
• Understand how to work with multiple layers in a Class IV composite.
• Posterior porcelain onlay preparation.
IDEA is located in the San Francisco Bay area. Other microscope-related courses are offered throughout the year. For more information, contact IDEA at +1 650 578 9495, firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit www.ideausa.net.