ADSO 2021 virtual event: Where dentistry is going
It’s always important to look to the future to see what is coming as well as to understand how you can be a part of ensuring that you’re helping to make it a good one, and with the ADSO’s “Boldly Evolving Dentistry: A Members-Only Virtual Event,” one opportunity to do just that is right here.
This two-day meeting, taking place Wednesday, March 24, and Thursday, March 25, is open to all ADSO members in good standing, employees from all DSO member companies and industry partners. Registration is free of charge.
The event will feature keynotes from top dentistry leaders in the country, tailored breakout programming and unique networking opportunities to provide an inclusive learning experience.
The meeting begins at 1 p.m. (EST) on Wednesday with welcome remarks from ADSO President Emmet Scott. He will welcome attendees to the event, share the agenda for the day, provide housekeeping rules for the platform and inform attendees about the different aspects they should explore on the platform.
The event is broken up into 10 tracks. Wednesday’s breakout sessions will focus on compliance, future trends, human resources, leadership and operations while Thursday will feature advocacy, clinical, growth and development, information technology and marketing.
Topics of the two days include consolidation of the dental force, working remotely, infection control, innovations in integrated health care delivery models, credentialing, recruiting and cybersecurity, among others.
In addition to the breakout sessions, there will be five mainstage sessions that will serve as highlights of the meeting:
- “The Business of Diversity” — Taking place at 1:10 p.m. (EST) Wednesday, this session will explore how DEI (diversity, equity and inclusion) is a critical element to driving health equity for future generations. As the dental workforce becomes more diverse, it is critical to understand the journey our future professionals have taken to be where they are today.
- “AI in Dentistry: How to Utilize it to Improve My Business?” — Taking place at 2:45 p.m. (EST) Wednesday, this session will discuss how artificial intelligence (AI) will help DSOs improve patient outcomes, increase provider efficiency, run practices more profitably and make better data-driven decisions about purchasing, staffing and employee training. It will provide the audience with an understanding of the full range of potential applications of AI and equip them with the knowledge of how best to deploy AI to best serve their business needs.
- “Inclusive Leadership: A Fireside Chat with Barbara Corcoran” — Taking place at 1:05 p.m. (EST) Thursday, this session will discuss what it means to be a leader in times of crisis. Participants will walk away with examples and ideas they can implement in their own lives and practices.
- “In the Eye of the Beholder with Senator Bill Frist” — Taking place at 2:20 p.m. (EST) Thursday, this session will feature former Senator Bill Frist of Tennessee discussing the importance of and value created by defining and quantifying the subjective view of quality that exists in dentistry today.
- “Moving Forward as One Dental Industry: A Conversation with Association Leaders” — Closing out the meeting at 4:15 p.m. (EST) Thursday, this final session will feature the leaders of the American Dental Association, Georgia Dental Association and the American Association of Dental Boards joining ADSO President Emmet Scott to discuss how they are aligning to cement dentistry as an essential part of the health care industry.
For a complete schedule, as well as more in-depth information about each session and the speakers, head to https://hopin.com/events/boldly-evolving-dentistry#schedule.
Keynote address with Barbara Corcoran
If the name Barbara Corcoran sounds familiar, it’s because it is. Best known for being a “Shark” and executive producer on ABC’s “Shark Tank,” she has been on the show for 11 seasons and invested in more than 80 businesses to date.
Corcoran’s credits include straight Ds in high school and college and 20 jobs by the time she turned 23. It was her next job that would make her one of the most successful entrepreneurs in the country: She borrowed $1,000 and quit her job as a waitress to start a tiny real estate company in New York City. The Corcoran Group is now considered one of the largest and best-known brands in the brokerage business.
Corcoran is also the author of the best seller “Shark Tales: How I Turned $1,000 into a Billion Dollar Business!” and a host of the business podcast “Business Unusual with Barbara Corcoran.”
At 1:05 p.m. on Thursday, March 25, she will be presenting “Inclusive Leadership: A Fireside Chat with Barbara Corcoran,” discussing what it means to be a leader in times of crisis. Be sure to attend and walk away with examples and ideas you can implement in your own life and practice.
These booths are waiting for you
While you’re soaking up all the education during the ADSO’s “Boldly Evolving Dentistry” virtual event, be sure to save some time to stop by the booths.
There is a Help Booth, if you’re having any trouble using the site. In addition, you can also stop by to learn more about offerings from such companies as 3M Oral Care, Align, Ally Lending, CareCredit, Carestream Dental, Crest + Oral-B, Dental Monitoring, Denti.AI, Dykema, Henry Schein Dental, Henry Schein One, Legwork, Pearl, QSIDental, revenuewell.com, SKYGEN, Straumann Group, USAData, Waller and Zelis Payments.
You can find the full list of booths at https://hopin.com/events/boldly-evolving-dentistry#booths.
(Source: Association of Dental Support Organizations)